Monday, January 14, 2008

Start Today

My earnest ironman training starts today. I am on an annual training plan (hereinafter ATP) which will afford me the flexibility to fit my workouts in when I can with school and work.

So far I'm off to a good start. After 1.5 years of saying I would, I joined a 7 AM masters swim group at my school and swam this morning at 7:05 (I was late due to a flat tire on the way in). I have really neglected my swimming in the last month so I was psyched that I was bringing in my 100s (yards) comfortably between 1:20 and 1:25.

Anyway, this week's goals:

ATP: 9:55
Swim: ~3 hours
Run: ~3.5 hours
Bike: ~3.5 hours
(lift twice if I can, I need to find out from my coach if this factors into my ATP hours or not)

The swimming will definitely be the most challenging since I hate getting up early but I'm really glad that I paid my money because I know that I will make myself go to anything I have paid for.

No comments: